Saturday, 17 January 2026
Everything I read, am reading, or am going to read (from last week to next week): Katabasis (my for-fun, commute/at-home fantasy book; finished it today), The Historian (my other for-fun at-home book; long and on the back burner, making steady progress), The Upanishads (last-week's HUMS1000's book; read select passages for class and am done with it for the time being), The Bhagavad Gita (this week's HUMS1000's book; must read the whole thing), excerpts of Sappho, Larkin, and Dante, among others (Last week's HUMS1300's readings; light work), Agamemnon (One of the two HUMS1300's books of next week; it's a Greek tragedy), Oedipus Rex (The other HUMS1300's book of next week; read half of this one for fun last semester not knowing it was on the syllabus for this one), Gilgamesh (a new translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh; I've read the Dalley translation twice and wasn't feeling it, but my professor recommended this translation). And since I've finished Katabasis, I'll start another commute/for-fun fantasy/fiction (might reread the Idiot by Elif Batuman). And then, of course, I have chapters from my RELI and FILM textbooks every week. I also want to try my hand at this thrifted German book and see if I've improved enough to read it after a year or so of having it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm about to unpack the most messed-up part of my psyche, so if you don't know me very well, don't mind this. This blog is my j...
-
How did my TA reply to my e-mail, which was sent from MyaMcateer.CU and signed off with Mya McAteer calling me Maya. This isn't some so...
-
I'm not ready for the halls of De La Salle to fade to memory and appear all distorted in my dreams like the halls of my elementary scho...
-
The only time I've ever confidently and coherently expressed my political, moral, and philosophical opinions to a group of people was w...
No comments:
Post a Comment